CAS-7B ( BP-1B ) amateur radio satellite now ready for launch
CAS-7B ( BP-1B ) satellite is an amateur radio satellite combined with educational. Chinese Amateur Satellite Group ( CAMSAT ) is working the project with Beijing Institute of Technology ( BIT ), one of the most famous aerospace universities in China. The university provides support in launch of the satellite, there are many teachers and students from this university are participating in the development and testing of the satellite. With the help of CAMSAT, the university has established an amateur radio club (call sign: BI1LG), many students are the members, they are learning amateur radio satellite communication and experience endless fun.
Because of the orbital apogee and the size and mass of the satellite, the orbital life of the satellite is expected to be only one week, up to a maximum of one month, which will also provide with an opportunity for hams to track and monitor satellite entering the atmosphere.
The CAS-7B ( BP-1B ) is scheduled to be launched at the end of June 2019. The launch will use a new launch vehicle from a small commercial rocket company. This is the first launch of this launch vehicle, and there is a large possibility of failure, if the launch fails, we will have another launch later this year.
Satellite Name: CAS-7B/BP-1B
• Architecture: 1.5U Cube-satellite with flexible film ball
• Dimensions: 263Lx140Wx105H mm with 500 mm diameter flexible film ball
• Mass: 3kg
• Stabilization: Pneumatic resistance sail passive control
• Orbit type : LEO
• Apogee : 300km Circular orbit
• Inclination : 42.7º
• Period : 90.6min
• VHF Antenna: one 1/4λ monopole antenna with max.0dBi gain is located at +Y side
• UHF Antenna: two 1/4λ monopole antennas with max.0dBi gain are located at –Z and +Z side
• CW Telemetry Beacon: 435.715MHz 20dBm
• V/U FM Transponder Downlink: 435.690MHz 20dBm, 16kHz bandwidth
• V/U FM Transponder Uplink: 145.900MHz 16kHz bandwidth
CAMSAT CAS-7B ( BP-1B ) News Release PDF with Telemetry Format – CAMSAT CAS-7B News Release
Powered by WPeMatico