434 MHz balloon launch from Goonhilly
Any help with tracking would be greatly appreciated!
We’re currently undecided between morning or late-afternoon. If we go for morning then we may also launch a second later near-identical balloon later in the day. 5m/s ascent, ~35km burst.
• Callsign: 1900 (year of construction of the Marconi Wireless Station)
– Calling Beacon: 433.650MHz.100 LoRa Mode 5
– Telemetry: 434.300 MHz LoRa 20.8K SF10 4/5 Explicit
• Callsign: 1901 (year of first over-the-horizon transmission received at the Wireless Station, from the Isle of Wight)
– 434.100 MHz USB RTTY 50bd 7n2 480Hz
I’ll post updates in #highaltitude on the day when I can.
For tuning in on the pi-in-the-sky LoRa gateway, the config you need is:
Thanks, Phil M0DNY
The 434.100 MHz FSK RTTY balloon signal should be receivable across most of the British Isles using a radio capable of SSB reception in 434 MHz. Online tracking at https://tracker.habhub.org/
No radio? Use the SUWS online radio to receive signals from 434 MHz High Altitude Balloons when they are range of London (select USB mode) http://farnham-sdr.com/
Links to #highaltitude IRC chat, UKHAS mailing list, Online Radio and Tracking information at
Get The Details…
Powered by WPeMatico